Why should you register your online shop for the GPeC Competition?
- Your online shop’s website will be evaluated by the best E-Commerce specialists following over 200 evaluation criteria fundamental for any online business: Usability, Design, Customer Experience, GDPR, SEO, Security, Mobile, Social Media, Legal aspects, E-Mail Marketing to the quality of the shop’s Services and Order Processing in a professional manner (tested through Mystery Shopping orders).
- Following the evaluation, you get a full evaluation report of your website for both Desktop and Mobile versions – so you will know exactly what you’re doing right and what needs to be improved from the 200+ criteria in order to increase your conversion rate and sell more.
- You meet the GPeC Jury specialists who have reviewed your website and receive informed expert recommendations about what to change on the site to improve and increase your sales.
- You have 2 months to implement the experts’ recommendations, then your site is reassessed to measure progress – grow with us. #GrowTogether
- In the end, your website is reevaluated following the same 200+ criteria, you get the second audit report, meet the GPeC Jury and find out their final recommendations. From that point on you will have an online shop with a solid foundation, well prepared for success.
- Over 25 E-Commerce and Online Marketing experts are members of the GPeC 2019 Competition Jury.
- Each shop registered in the GPeC 2019 Competition receives an individual and fully confidential evaluation report containing the GPeC Jury’s scores and recommendations according to the over 200 evaluation criteria. For both Mobile and Desktop versions of your website.
Check out the following 1.5-minute video below, explaining the steps your online shop will take into the GPeC Competition. It’s up to you to decide whether it is worth investing a few hundred euros for the sake of your business.
Read the GPeC 2019 Competition terms and conditions below and learn your main benefits (many more than those listed above) if you decide you enter the competition.
Requirements for entering the GPeC 2019 Online Shops Competition
- We only accept online shops in the GPeC Competition – meaning websites that allow for online orders placement. “Electronic catalogue” websites that don’t allow placing orders online will not be accepted in the competition;
- Online shops need to have been active on the market for at least 6 months, meaning they should have been launched no later than September 2018). We take into account the date when the shops became active online and NOT the domain registration date. Exceptions apply to this rule (see the NOTES below)*;
- To enter the competition, online shops need to meet all the pre-screening requirements (obligations requested by the legislation in force). The GPeC staff will audit each shop and issue an individual report indicating the problems that need to be fixed and offer recommendations on how to solve those issues. We will help you meet all the criteria to be eligible for the GPeC Competition! Once allowed to enter the Competition, your shop will receive the TRUSTED.ro trustmark and will be able to implement the Trusted.ro feedback system on your website, free of charge, for 12 months;
- Upon registration in the Competition, each online shop will be tested in terms of online order and checkout functionality. We will place explicit test orders (mentioning that the order needs not be delivered, as it was made by the GPeC staff to verify the order form functionality);
- In addition to online order testing, each online shop will receive a mystery shopping order during the ranking process (April- November 2019). This order will not be marked as such and, therefore, needs to be delivered, for us to be able to mark down the response time and professionalism of the services of the shops enrolled in the competition. The parcel will be returned upon delivery, and all transport expenses shall be covered exclusively by the participant shops**;
- All online shops registered with the GPeC 2019 Online Shops Competition will go through 2 different jury evaluation stages, they will be assessed against the jury ranking criteria and they will receive 2 evaluation reports, regardless of whether they win or not the Online Shops Competition;
- Online shops registered with the GPeC 2019 Online Shops Competition have the opportunity to discuss the evaluation reports face-to-face with the jury members, by Skype, or by email during the GPeC E-Commerce Consultancy Meetings;
- Registration with the GPeC 2019 Online Shops Competition is subject to the payment of a registration fee of minimum 349 EUR + VAT. Check out our pricing policy and the benefits for entering the competition and register now;
- Registration with the GPeC 2019 Online Shops Competition is done by filling in the registration form by June 21, 2019, 11:59 PM;
- We reserve our right to only accept in the Competition the shops that understand, agree to and respect the standards of GPeC 2019, starting with the competition regulations, pre-screening criteria and jury ranking criteria and ending with the format of the event in general.
*As an exception, we will accept online stores that are launched further to the transformation of a presentation website (without online orders) with a length of service of more than one year, as well as online shops with market length of less than 6 months that are operated by a company that owns an online shop whose market length is more than 1 year. Market length is verified through Internet Archive – Wayback Machine, the date of the first press release, the first blog post date, active presence in social media etc.
**The GPeC Jury is instructed to order reasonably priced products, which are marked as available on stock – so as not to create difficulties to the participant shops. Valid exceptions will be shops which sell perishable services or products, travel agencies, etc., where no mystery shopping orders will be placed, but the ordering process will still be tested.
In order to be accepted in the GPeC 2019 Online Shops Competition you must fully meet the pre-selection criteria. There is a good reason behind this: most of the criteria are legal obligations according to the actual European laws as well as international e-commerce best practices. If you meet them, you will receive the Trusted.ro trustmark and feedback system for free for 12 months.
Don’t worry if you don’t comply with all the pre-screening criteria upon registration. We’ll help you solve any issue you may have!
Our team will evaluate your website and signal any issue they may find and give you exact recommendations on how to fix it – it is only important that you solve this on time, according to our recommendations, then we will approve your registration in the Competition and give you the TRUSTED.ro trustmark.
1. Contact information
According to the law, any online shop needs to display on its website (via a link on the first page, such as a “Contact” page), at least the following information:
- The name of the company who owns the online shop;
- Number of registration with the Trade Registry (J in Romania) – for online shops operating outside Romania, this can be another registration number from the competent authority;
- VAT number;
- Share capital (only for online shops operating in Romania);
- The full postal address of its registered offices and secondary offices (showrooms, if applicable);
- At least a valid phone number and e-mail address;
- The working hours (days of the week and hours when the customers can contact the shop other than by online or e-mail forms – e.g.: by phone, in the showroom etc.);
- The OSIM trademark registration number (if applicable);
- The TRUSTED logo (with a functional link, according to the script received) – the logo will be displayed at a later time, after having been accepted in the GPeC 2019 Competition.
2. Products / services specifications
According to art. 6 (1) a) of OUG 34/2014, online shops need to display the main characteristics of the product or service on the product page.
3. Products / services pricing
Online shops need to display the total and final price of products / services with all taxes included (or the method to calculate the total price) before the customer accepts the contract, that is before he / she places the order;
4. Withdrawal right
Consumers need to be informed regarding the withdrawal right terms and the shops need to provide a withdrawal form template. TRUSTED.ro offers a withdrawal form template and essential customer information that any shop can implement for free. Online shops need to clearly state that they comply with the 14-day consumer product return policy required by the Consumer Rights Directive (except where the law provides for derogations – such as the case of perishable products etc.) ;
5. Personal data protection
Online shops must fulfill the minimum criteria regarding personal data protection, according to Law 677/2001 (valid until May 25, 2018) and the EU Regulation 679/2016 (GDPR) as of May 25, 2018. Thus, online shops should provide the minimum information regarding the information of the personal data operator, the data processing purpose, the user rights and the third parties that have access to collected data.
Upon registration in the GPeC 2019 Competition, the shops will declare on their own liability (by checking the field “I have read and agreed to the GPeC 2019 Regulations” in the registration form) that:
- they will not send unsolicited commercial messages (spam). Any newsletter or message submitted from time to time for the promotion of the store (either by the store or by a different entity contracted by the store) shall include the sender’s identification data (at least: the shop’s name or logo, the name of the company that owns it, the fiscal identification code, registration number with the Trade Registry, telephone, e-mail), as well as a functional unsubscribe procedure*;
- the products being sold are not counterfeit;
- the entire content of the website is original or uses resources (product images, specifications, video, text etc.) with the agreement of the source (manufacturer, supplier, etc.), in compliance with the intellectual property law.
*User complaints and reports related to spamming during the GPeC Competition (April-November 2019) will result in the exclusion from the competition and interdiction to participate in the GPeC 2020 edition.
7. The user’s agreement with Terms and Conditions
Before placing an order, the online shop should encourage the user to read an Agreement or the Terms and Conditions of the transaction (which are deemed to represent a contract between the seller and the buyer) and to express his / her agreement thereto by way of checkmarking that he / she has read and agrees to such conditions (the mark checked by the user represents, according to the law, the acceptance of the contract – this is why it is important that this mark is not checked by default). The shop may have another functionality, similar to the one described above, which demonstrates acceptance of the contract by the user;
8. Functional online order flow
The entire ordering process (from adding a product / service in the shopping cart until the completion of the order) needs to be operational, flawless and without error and should end with an order confirmation screen or e-mail. The GPeC staff will place explicit test orders to check the functionality of the online order flow, but these online orders don’t have to be delievered by the shops participating in the competition.
We remind you that there will also be Mystery Shopping orders during the GPeC Online Shops Competition, according to the Registration Regulations, point 5;
9. Link to National Authority for Consumer Protection (Romanian ANPC)
According to the law, online shops must display on their homepage a functional link to the website of the National Authority for Consumer Protection (ANPC). Online shops operating outside Romania are excepted from this regulation;
10. Specific e-mail addresses and procedures
Online shops will display on their websites:
- an e-mail address for copyright infringement notices (such as “email@example.com”, displayed on the Terms and Conditions page, for instance – where “ipr” stands for “intellectual property rights”);
- the contact information of the person responsible for amicable conciliation, for unhappy customers (can be displayed on the Contact or Terms and Conditions pages). This in-house conciliation mechanism needs to be functional and the customer needs to receive an answer within 14 calendar days at the maximum.
11. Authorisations based on type of products being sold
In certain cases, based on the type of products sold, the online shops need to register or place a link, according to the law, to relevant authorities (e.g.: online shops selling products and services subject to veterinary and food safety need to place a link to ANSVSA; online pharmacies need to be authorized by the Ministry of Health etc.).
12. Products warranty
Online shops must publish on their websites (e.g.: in the Terms and Conditions section) the warranty and service conditions (where applicable) for the products being sold and undertake to observe such conditions to the letter, as well as the post-sale services promised to the customer (wherever such additional services exist). Also, the shops are required – according to the law – to mention the existence of the guarantee of product compliance;
13. Product payment and delivery methods
Online shops will clearly and visibly inform the customer – before the order is placed – about:
- accepted payment methods, and for online shops accepting online payment by credit card the payment processor will be mentioned as well (text or logo of the processor together with a link to his website);
- delivery methods (e.g: through own courier service, through external courier service mentioning its name, pickup from store headquarters etc.);
- if the shop offers international deliveries – it needs to be mentioned if applicable;
- any other additional terms – where applicable (e.g.: the minimum age of clients, the minimum quantity of products ordered etc.);
14. Online shops selling adult products
In the case of online shops selling adult products, they should not contain obscene materials without explicit prior warning (opt-in) such as “Website for people over 18. If you are not 18 or above, please do not enter this website. (Option – Enter or Exit)”.
We help you meet all the pre-screening criteria and comply with the e-commerce laws and best practices.
If you don’t meet all the criteria yet, but still want to take part in the GPeC 2019 Competition and receive the TRUSTED.ro trustmark, register now and we will evaluate your website and tell you what needs to be fixed and how to do it asap.
So, don’t worry! What’s important is that you implement our recommendation and respect the legislation, and you will be accepted in the GPeC 2019 Online Shops Competition!
Each online shop has its own particularities, therefore you must choose a single group and a single category of products sold which are representative for your business – that core-business.
Groups: Start-Up, Experienced or Professional. Which group do you fit in?
Based on the length of your presence on the market, you can register in one of the following 3 main groups:
- Start-up – online shops that have been active for at least 6 months, but less than 1 year*
- Experienced – online shops that have been active for at least 1 year, but less than 2 years**
- Professional – online shops that have been active for more than 2 years***
* The length of your presence on the market is the period of time since the online shop was launched and publicly accessible, NOT the domain registration date. In order to participate in the GPeC 2019 Competition, your online shop needs to have been launched in September 2018, the latest, in order to meet the minimum 6 months presence on the market requirement.
Online shops that have been active on the market for more than 6 months and less than a year, but belong to well-known brands will enter the competition in the Experienced or Professional group, according to their Alexa traffic ranking and the online card payments acceptance factor.
**The shops that have been active for longer than 2 years but do not meet the specific criteria of the Professional group will be automatically classified as “Experienced”;
***Are registered in the “Professional” group the online shops that meet the following requirements:
- have at least 2 years of presence on the market (were launched no later than March 2016);
- have an Alexa traffic ranking which is less than 200,000 at the time of registration (Global Rank);
- accept online card payments.
Categories based on the type of products / services provided
After choosing your group, you will have to opt for a single competition category – the one that is relevant for your core business:
- Auto, Moto and Machinery (e.g.: cars and accessories, industrial machinery, spare parts, service, consumables, parts and sub-assemblies etc.);
- Baby, Kids, Toys and Childcare (e.g.: children items, baby care and health items, baby clothing, games, toys, cribs, strollers, swings, walkers, accessories etc.);
- Books, Magazines, eBooks, Music and Film (e.g.: online bookshops, publishing houses, antiquarians, specialized books, guides, atlases, city guides, newspapers, magazines, periodic publications, information and press releases portals, music and films CDs and DVDs, downloadable music and films, ebooks etc.);
- Classifieds (ex.: automotive classifieds, real estate classifieds, products or services sold by private persons or companies via classifieds etc.);
- DIY, Garden and Tools (e.g.: construction materials, accessories, DIY, various tools, finishes, parquetry, wall paneling, tiles, faience, carpets, doors, fittings, trimmers etc.);
- Fashion (e.g.: clothing, footwear, underwear, bathing suits, fashion accessories, knitted wear, collections, handbags, belts, sunglasses, hats, scarfs, necklaces etc.);
- Flowers (e.g.: flowers, flower arrangements, flower wreaths etc.);
- Food and Beverage (e.g.: catering, food orders, bio products, fast-food, fruit, vegetables, canned food, tea, coffee, alcohol, refreshing drinks, sweets, etc.);
- Gifts and Jewelry (e.g.: jewelry, watches, photo books, photo frames, decorations, souvenirs, art, collections, antiques, funny gifts, customized gifts etc.);
- Health & Beauty (e.g.: cosmetics, treatments, online pharmacies, dietary supplements, weight loss products, perfumes, creams, make-up, lotions, gels, SPA, false eyelashes, specialized centers etc.);
- Hobby, Leisure and Entertainment (e.g.: hunting and fishing items, tents, boats, sleeping bags, philately, collectibles, relaxation activities, online games websites, sex shop etc.);
- Home & Deco (e.g.: furniture, home appliances, decorations, curtains, lighting, household items, blankets, paintings etc.);
- IT&C, Electronics and Home Appliances (e.g.: computers, PC components, notebooks, mobile phones, audio-video equipment, photo equipment, HI-FI, printers, network components, GPS systems, software, PC games and consoles, TV sets, refrigerators, air conditioning, small and large home appliances, accessories etc.);
- Online Services (ex.: insurance, tickets to shows / concerts / films, consultancy, prepaid recharging cards, courses, paid electronic services, online credit / financial services etc.);
- Organic, natural & BIO products (e.g.: organic food, organic household products, organic cosmetics etc.)
- Pet Shop (e.g.: food and accessories, pet health and care items, pet toys, etc.);
- Security and Surveillance Equipment (alarms, video surveillance systems, anti-burglary systems, fire equipments, intercoms etc.)
- Shopping Club (exclusive online shops that require user registration in order to view and access their offers);
- Sporting equipments (e.g.: fitness equipment, clothing and sports footwear, cycling, ski, body-building, sporting accessories etc.);
- Stationery and Office Equipment (e.g.: folders, registries, paper, block notes, writing instruments and erasers, school accessories, office supplies, standard forms, portfolios, professional printing equipment, accessories etc.);
- Supermarket, Mall, Marketplace (stores with a very wide range of products including many categories of products sold);
- Travel (e.g.: travel goods, travel bags, trolleys, backpacks, briefcases, waistbags, plane ticket booking, holidays, visits, travels, hotel bookings etc.);
For each category with at least 2 registered participants, one prize will be awarded at the GPeC Awards Gala on November 5, 2019, based on the scores obtained after the jury evaluation. The prize will not be awarded for categories with 1 single registered participant.
If your main activities are not covered by the competition categories, please contact us with your proposals. We reserve the right to establish new categories based on participants interests.
Entering the GPeC Competition is an investment, not an expense. Here’s why:
- Your website will be analysed by the best e-commerce and online marketing specialists (not once, but twice!) taking into account over 200 evaluation criteria which are essential to any online business, and you will get 2 complete evaluation reports of your website, both for Desktop and Mobile version!
- In addition, you will receive the Trusted.ro trustmark and get to implement the Trusted.ro feedback system for 12 months, for free.
All for a few hundred euros only, depending on the chosen plan. Have a look at the registration benefits and invest in your business!
3 benefit plans you can choose from. You decide which one matches your needs better!
|Benefits for online shops registered with the GPeC 2019 Competition
||Market service value||STANDARD plan
|Complete evaluation of your website, both Desktop and Mobile versions (Audit: Usability & Customer Experience, Design, SEO, Security, Legal, Mobile, Social Media, E-mail Marketing, Services Quality – over 200 evaluation criteria; over 25 jury experts; 2 different evaluation stages)||Minimum 5,000 EUR||
|TRUSTED.ro trustmark & feedback system “Trusted Opinions” (free for 12 months)||240 EUR||
|Access to the GPeC Consultancy Meetings (2 sessions of aprox. 90 minutes each – 1 on 1 talks on the jury assessment reports and recommendations)||300 EUR||
|Access to the GPeC E-Commerce Awards Gala, 14th annual edition (November 5, 2019)||Included in the registration fee||
1 FREE TICKET
2 FREE TICKETS
3 FREE TICKETS
|Access to the GPeC SUMMIT May 27, 2019 (National Theatre of Bucharest: Conference, Expo, Workshops, Networking – excepting the Masterclass sessions on May 28, 2019)||149 EUR/ ticket||
2 FREE TICKETS
3 FREE TICKETS
|Access to GPeC SUMMIT November 4-5, 2019 (Conference, Expo, Networking)||298 EUR/2-Day-Pass ticket||
2 FREE TICKETS
3 FREE TICKETS
|Last minute offer (valid until the end of the registration period, June 21, 2019, at 23:59)
||Minimum 5,540 EUR worth of benefits
||349 EUR + VAT|
You should know
- The Last Minute Offer gives you discounts between 50 and 100 EUR on the Premium plan and 190 EUR on the Platinum plan, so hurry and register by June 21, 2019, at 23:59;
- The registration fee for the GPeC 2019 Online Shops Competition is paid at the RON/EUR exchange rate for the day of the invoice issuing;
- The fee will be paid fully upon registration, based on the invoice sent to the email address you’ve provided in the registration form. Make sure you give us a valid email address that you check frequently because this is where you’ll receive the invoice and the GPeC Competition news and instructions;
- Until the payment is confirmed your online shop will not be evaluated in terms of pre-screening criteria and you will not be accepted as a participant in the GPeC 2019 Competition;
- The registration fee is non-refundable.
Discount for agencies developing online shops
Are you are a web development agency or do you want to register more than 3 online shops for the GPeC Competition? You will receive a 10% discount from the registration fee for each shop. All you need to do is contact us before registering and let us know about the number of online shops you wish to register in order to receive the discount.
Minutes run by, orders fly by… What are you waiting for?
Fill in the form and register for the GPeC Online Shops Competition to get a complete review of your website and get insight on what needs to be improved in order to sell more!
Last days of registration. Enter the GPeC Competition by June 21st!
Seize our Last Minute Offer valid until June 21, by 23:59 and you get a discount between 50 and 100 EUR on the PREMIUM and PLATINUM plans. Register your online shop in the GPeC Competition to get a complete professional evaluation for your website!